Look Mom Look! tagged me for my very first meme. Here are 8 things about my marriage. Some of this may be a little redundant from my 100 things post, but I will try and elaborate a bit.
- We met after my husband saw me singing on stage at church and thought I was cute. We ended up on the same bus, but he was too nervous to talk to me. We got off at the same stop and started walking home only to end up at the same door. We lived in the same apartment building.
- My mom was with me when we met. When he got off the elevator, she looked at me and said, “Ooh, he is really cute and he goes to your church!!” Mom’s enthusiasm could have been the kiss of death, but I thought he was pretty cute too.
- I had mentioned on one of our first times hanging out that I didn’t like the way my toothpaste tasted. On our first official date, he gift wrapped up a tube of toothpaste and gave it to me. I was smitten (good word).
- We went to a black tie event after dating a short period of time. The hubby told me he owned a tux so he wouldn’t need to rent one. I was beyond impressed that I was dating such a classy guy. He later confessed that he got the tux from being a bellhop at a hotel.
- We got engaged 4 months after meeting. We got married exactly 1 1/2 years from our first date.
- We went to Placencia, Belize on our honeymoon. It was so amazing and by far the best vacation of my life.
- Before we met, we both were in a lot of relationships where we fought a lot. Oddly, we don’t really fight much with each other. We sometimes get on each others nerves, but we resolve things really quickly. It helps that he is a really great communicator. We try to never go to bed angry.
- My hubby makes me laugh like no other. My favorite things about our marriage is that we have so much fun together. He is truly my best friend.