New to the challenge? Read this first.
Ladies, our bedrooms should be a haven. I find, it’s pretty hard to get in the mood with piles of dirty laundry waiting to be folded staring you down. So, your first assignment is to turn your bedroom into a romantic retreat.
- Lose the TV: I once watched an Oprah (though not in my bedroom) where a woman proudly admitted that she watched Oprah while having sex with her husband. That’s about the worst thing you can do with a TV in the bedroom, but frankly I can’t think of many better ideas for it. I love TV as much as the next gal, but it is a passion killer in the bedroom. One study showed that couples who have TVs in the bedroom have sex half as often as those who don’t. So lose the TV and focus on each other while in bed.
- Tone down pictures of the kids: I can’t think of anything that kills the mood faster than glancing over at pictures of my kids. Don’t get me wrong, I think my kids are the cutest things since sliced bread (yet another metaphor that escapes me), but I keep their pictures up in other parts of the house. If you really want pics of the kids in your room, just avoid putting them right next to the bed.
- Get rid of the clutter: Try and keep your room picked up. If I see messes waiting to be cleaned up, I have a hard time focusing on the task at hand. If you really want to be creative, tell the hubby you can’t focus on the task at hand with the room so messy. You will be amazed at how quickly the room stays clean. Of course, I would NEVER encourage manipulation…
- Get romantic lighting:No one wants to see themselves naked under harsh fluorescent lighting. Install dimmer switches or light bulbs that can be set on different light settings. Better yet, get some yummy smelling candles and create an even more romantic mood.
- Some mood music: Get a CD player and put on some music that puts you in the mood. I won’t even give suggestions cause one persons Enya is another persons Van Morrison. Use whatever works for you.
There you go. I’m going easy on you the first week. Check back next Saturday for your weekly challenge.
Are you in?