I was tagged for 2 memes this week, so I am doubling up and making this unofficial meme day! I will be celebrating with wine and chocolate, but that is just me.
First, I was tagged by Adventure Mom for the Mommy Meme
1. How long have you been a Mom? 4 ½ years
2. How many children call you Mommy? 2
3. Girl? Boy? or both?: 2 girls
4. Did you know what you were having? Absolutely, I can’t stand the suspense
5. How old were you when you became a Mom? 28
6. How long were you in labor? With Lily my water broke at 8 am and I had her around 8 pm. But I was only in hard labor for half of that time. Hannah was born 53 minutes after I walked in the hospital door.
7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? moments like finding this note next to my bed. Priceless!
8. What’s your least favorite thing? not being able to “fix it” when they are sad or hurt
9. Do you want more kids? absolutely
10. Do you plan on having more soon? yep, but right now we are practicing (See The Challenge)
11. How many times have you been pee’d on? Not many, the benefit of girls J
12. Barfed on? Actually on? I don’t think so, Lily has good aim.
13. Is your child named after anyone? Lily’s middle name is after the hubby’s grandmother. We discovered that Hannah’s (real) name is a family name on my side, but didn’t know that until after the fact. Her middle name is after my dad’s sister who was killed by a drunk driver.
14. How did you come up with their name? Lily’s (real) name we both loved from the start. Hannah’s name was found in a baby book after we couldn’t agree on either the name Hannah or Lily (hence their blogging names)
15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? We both trade off playing good cop and bad cop. We are actually excellent partners in this. Whenever one of us is beginning to lose patience or raising voices, the other usually calmly steps in. Of course that doesn’t help when the hubby is at work…
16. What is the longest you have been away from your children? 5 days during our trip to London
17. Bedtime routine? Sometimes a bath, Hannah gets a book and a snuggle. Lily gets a book, bible study, prayer time and some snuggling
18. Are your toes painted? Always in the summer. In the winter they are often in their current state of 2 month old polish that is mostly chipped off. Classy.
19. Last movie you saw in the theater? Veggie Tales. Before that who knows.
20. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? Fashionable hair and clothes. No mom jeans allowed!!
21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: A lot of spontaneity
22. Best Mom perk: Seriously so many things. I absolutely love being a mom
23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child? I have a weakness for fruit snacks
24. When the kid is napping, you are: Catching up on email and then hopefully a quick nap myself
25. Where is your child(ren) now? Eating breakfast
26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Old Navy and Target
27. If I could do it over…I would love to think I would gain less weight when I am pregnant, but who are we kidding…
Secondly, Mama Mia tagged me for another meme. Here are the rules.:Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog or share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list or share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.
I given you 100 random things and a 7 random things post. How many more random things can I possibly come up with? So I think I will do the top 5 places one.
Asia: I studied in Japan, Taiwan and China when I was in college. My college frequently offers alumni tours through the region. Someday, my dream is to go back and show my hubby the places that were such a meaningful part of my life.
Prague, Budapest, Krakow. I have heard they are all stunningly beautiful. Cheesily, I would also like to head over to Austria and do the Sound of Music Tour.
Sonoma Valley: The hubby and I LOVE wine so I would love to find some romantic B & B and taste away!
Vancouver:I have heard it is really beautiful. And I would love to try out the skiing.
Placencia, Belize:We went to an amazing resort on our honeymoon and LOVED Belize. The hubby and I hope to return for our 10 year anniversary.
*notice none of the above locations are all that kid friendly. Accident? I think not…
Now for the taggin’. Here are your assignments.
Mommy meme: Misty, LAB, MamaMia (gotcha back), Candi and Anne (a BRAND NEW MOMMY!!!)
5 Things: Heather, Olivia, SCW, Big Binder, and Nicole
Let the meme-ing begin!!!